Go Back   Tiberius Arms Forums > Tiberius Arms Markers and Mods Discussion > Tiberius 8 Pistol
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2008
desrt2

Default Skunkworks Kydex Holster Review Part 1

This afternoon I received my Skunkworks Kydex Holster by WarCowboy.
Like any geek with a new toy, I shoved my wife out of the house and geared up for a test fit.

Quality: A+. This is not a ghetto mod like the Home Depot job I made. It's not a universal nylon job; it's vacuum molded and made to run over with a backhoe is need be.

Fit: The Blackhawk Sherpa rig is better than I thought. My first thigh holster was a rigid Bianchi that I wore in Desert Storm. Good thing I was a Bradley Gunner and didn't have to run with it.
This platform is extraordinarily stable since there are 4 points of contact: two suspension fasteners and two leg straps.
The thick leg straps are tough to adjust but that's a good thing. It means the bucles won't let the straps to slip from motion.

Retention: no one should worry even the slightest. Unless a park has a policy, you absolutely do not need a thumb break, etc. The formed kydex that contours into the trigger guard retains the T8.

Saturday I will take it out to the field. I usually end up firing mt T8 at some point, whether it's because I ran out of air in my X7 or intentionally for a tactical maneuver.

Awesome work WarCowboy!